Just the beginning of another of my projects.
Some time ago I thought about making a staircase illumination using a programmable LED strip, which should only light up near the person going up/down the stairs.
So the last idea was to use an ultrasonic ranging module to find out the persons position on the stairs, which then triggers the corresponding LEDs to light up.
- Ultrasonic ranging module HC-SR04
- WS2812B programmable LED strip
- make some trailing effect for the LEDs to go out smoothly after person passes by
- put strip in a frame and minimize the electronics
- replace Arduino with ATMega328